Friday, 4 January 2008

Ruffled – that’s what you said



This is not me, only a resemblance
I float on water like you, but we’re not the same
Not at all alike
Changing this incredibly tight shape is like walking over hot coal
I am not hot I am not
Not in the mould, this tray, this syrupy substance of fennel teas and lukewarm exchanges
I trade myself into pennies
I stick cucumber slices to my forehead to keep the temperature down
However brutally technical it gets here
I cannot help to dislike what I see whenever I see trouble
Troubled I follow a path as always uncertain it will end somewhere unknown
I spit nothing but awkwardness
Gathering my weakened knees with cranberry pies and rough lullabies
Portioned plated rationed
And out of the blue, blue river
I write and unreadable message with a black marker
Mark my words
I’ve already marked yours

No comments: